On Off Switch

Kevin.B

On 4/8/2022 at 8:18 AM, Kevin.B said:

Has anyone had a problem with the On Off switch on the base not working ? I know its a sensor touch switch but sometimes it works and most of the time it doesn't  ?

Switch works perfectly when its not mounted in the base, but soon as i mount it in the case it doesn't work any more until i touch the circuit board ? any idea's off how to fix problem

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still 4 weeks away from finishing the build and remote.  I'll decide whether to install a micro on/off switch into the remote.  This will simply sever any electrical input into the circuit board that's causing the draining issue.  Simple solution really, or we can just remove batteries when not in use.  I'm also toying with the idea to lower the height of the base (to get the Bismarck to sit lower on the stand) by halving the height of the two uprights.  Looks to be a simple job which I'll probably do next weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

So I fired up my stand for the first time... and had the same issue.  So did some investigation on the capacitive switch type.  The switch circuit sensitivity seems to be the issue, and this comes down to a number of issues including skin moisture content, thickness of substrate where finger is placed, and type of resistor used for sensitivity on the circuit. In the end I found the simplest solution was to remove the clear plastic cover and reassemble.  So now all I have to do is stick a paperclip end into the hole (touching the spring mechanism) to activate  / deactivate the stand.  Simple solution to the problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just received feedback from support/technical team. I cannot test it for now but posting below the answer in case it may help someone else.

"The problem with the touch switch can occur when the circuit board 137-09 is fitted the wrong way round. The ‘switch’ is dependent on the spring on the reverse side being in contact with the touch plate 137-07. Although the board may look symmetrical it matters which way round it is fitted; the spring isn’t fully in contact with the touch plate.
Consequently, try fitting board 137-09 the other way round."

Pic 1.png

Pic 2.png

• 1 month later...
On 9/27/2022 at 1:27 AM, Aur3l1 said:

I just received feedback from support/technical team. I cannot test it for now but posting below the answer in case it may help someone else.

"The problem with the touch switch can occur when the circuit board 137-09 is fitted the wrong way round. The ‘switch’ is dependent on the spring on the reverse side being in contact with the touch plate 137-07. Although the board may look symmetrical it matters which way round it is fitted; the spring isn’t fully in contact with the touch plate.
Consequently, try fitting board 137-09 the other way round."

Pic 1.png

Pic 2.png

So this is not working better, the design of this capacitive switch seems wrong, so the best option right now is as described by S4Simon. Please see attached.

On 7/16/2022 at 4:19 AM, S4Simon said:

So I fired up my stand for the first time... and had the same issue.  So did some investigation on the capacitive switch type.  The switch circuit sensitivity seems to be the issue, and this comes down to a number of issues including skin moisture content, thickness of substrate where finger is placed, and type of resistor used for sensitivity on the circuit. In the end I found the simplest solution was to remove the clear plastic cover and reassemble.  So now all I have to do is stick a paperclip end into the hole (touching the spring mechanism) to activate  / deactivate the stand.  Simple solution to the problem.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any other suggestions for the base switch? I’ve tried reversing the board, taking off the clear plastic and even removing the switch. No luck. One time the guns initialized but no light on switch. Going to try some new batteries later, otherwise I’ll try to get a new board.