Rick's Shelby Cobra

kuperrl

Ordered the whole kit and it arrived today.  I want to get started tonight, but I have to finish a current project before starting a new one.  Going to start the build in the next day or two and can't wait to get going.  If you have any tips or suggestions about the packs, they are greatly appreciated.

20220331_185349[1].jpg

20220331_185502[1].jpg

I found it helpful to download and print all of the build instructions. I kept them in a binder on by build table for visual reference. If I didn't understand an assembly I watched the appropriate video. I didn't find the videos necessary very often. Having the entire kit was a joy. 

One hint that may help is when you get to final assembly of mating the body to the chassis you can eliminate some of the wire extensions to make it easier to fit the two together.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The first thing I did to make life easier was to purchase a small sized, 30 compartment organizer chest - clear plastic drawers - at Lowe's or Home Depot.  There are 28 or so different size machine screws in this kit and they will serve you better when put into these drawers with a stuck on label for each drawer.  It will greatly reduce the chances of loosing or mixing up some screws, and it is very difficult to distinguish between many of them.  I collected all screw packs before starting assembly and put them in their respective drawers.  This will definitely help you out!  Good luck.