My finished Cobra

Danny Wing

This is only my second "Build Diary" posting but having the complete kit kept me doing marathon build sessions. I am posting some pictures of mods made. This mostly included the addition of nuts and bolts to the suspension assemblies and a few other parts as well as in my first posted motor pictures. I plan to paint the added hardware black to match the frame but presently enjoy looking at them as is in my attempt to add some slight realism. I could have gone further with the nuts and bolts but chose to stop as I had accomplished the goal I set. Other than the hardware added, I thought the gauges should have been  illuminated as part of the kit. I used LED and some fiberoptics and spliced the wiring to the headlamp circuit. 

I enjoy building the larger scale models more than the small scale because of my old and sometimes shaky hands. I am currently building a Pocher 1/8 kit and a large scale model of the MT. Washington paddle boat. There is also a stack of others waiting that I have been waiting to build for a while once time allows. In the past I have built many smaller scale models and a few large Pochers. The new Lambo model is getting catching my interest right now. Not sure if there will ever be enough time to get to that one. 

One last though about the Cobra model, the chrome plating doesn't seem to be a very good quality and that was disappointing for such an expensive model. I hope some of the mods inspire others to get creative. The end result is much more rewarding even if it's not perfect.

IMG-0516.jpg

IMG-0523.jpg

IMG-0524.jpg

IMG-0528.jpg

IMG-0547.jpg

IMG-0548.jpg

IMG-0549.jpg

IMG-0550.jpg