Black Or Red

I find it odd that some screws in visible places are colour matched to part they're securing but in other places they just go for black one of the most obvious places is under the bonnet in pack 1 the support grid and side cover are all secured using black screws yet in pack 7 when the hinges and stays are fitted they're all secured with colour matched screws which i find just plain daft so i painted mine red it's not an absolutely perfect match but it's pretty dam close and way better than black in my opinion

20220330_142446.jpg

9 hours ago, Julian said:

I'll have to get one im going to try and change that heater control and place an advert where it is give me something to do the weekend. Lol

i shall look forward to seeing that when it's done 🙂 have you seen this site for little extras ? they do advertising stickers and a replica bus stop

https://www.kingswaymodels.co.uk/shop/1-12-1-24-bus-items/16

and this one https://modelmodz.com/Classic-Routemaster-1-12-Scale-Mods-c32395159

thought they might interest you 🙂

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

10 hours ago, Giddykippa said:

i shall look forward to seeing that when it's done 🙂 have you seen this site for little extras ? they do advertising stickers and a replica bus stop

https://www.kingswaymodels.co.uk/shop/1-12-1-24-bus-items/16

and this one https://modelmodz.com/Classic-Routemaster-1-12-Scale-Mods-c32395159

thought they might interest you 🙂

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

I almost ordered that Bus stop but then realised it was 1:24 scale shame. I wonder if we could get away with it but there are no measurements wish I knew what size it was. Nice though 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Julian said:

I almost ordered that Bus stop but then realised it was 1:24 scale shame. I wonder if we could get away with it but there are no measurements wish I knew what size it was. Nice though 

crap sorry i hadn't spotted that im sure last time i looked it was 1/12 why don't you drop em a line and ask

thought those advertisement stickers might be useful for you though

13 minutes ago, Giddykippa said:

crap sorry i hadn't spotted that im sure last time i looked it was 1/12 why don't you drop em a line and ask

thought those advertisement stickers might be useful for you though

Was the sunstar routemaster 1:24 if so might get away with it. I ordered some stickers on ebay I from that link. I might still order the bus stop you can't go wrong it's only a fiver

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Julian said:

Was the sunstar routemaster 1:24 if so might get away with it. I ordered some stickers on ebay I from that link. I might still order the bus stop you can't go wrong it's only a fiver

i can confirm sunstars are 1/24 scale i have 3 of them lol and definitely not a bad price shame you can't 3D print one to correct size

1 hour ago, Giddykippa said:

i can confirm sunstars are 1/24 scale i have 3 of them lol and definitely not a bad price shame you can't 3D print one to correct size

I was at the Alexandra Palace Model railway exhibition last week and there was a stall that done 3D printing they even done Models of yourself in all scales wish I'd asked him. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Julian said:

I was at the Alexandra Palace Model railway exhibition last week and there was a stall that done 3D printing they even done Models of yourself in all scales wish I'd asked him. 

ive seen a website that does that for about £40 google it you could get one done of you driving the bus

11 minutes ago, Julian said:

Do you have the website details mate. Definitely give that a go 

last time i looked 6yrs ago it was about £59 we were going to get one of our son all you had to do was submit digital photos this link was the only one i can find on a quick search but i will try looking more when i get chance

https://eu.my3dselfie.com/products/3d-selfie

5 hours ago, Giddykippa said:

Cheers mate 👍 I got a spare metal sign with the No11 route with all the destinations on it. it was one of the free Hachette gifts my mate gave me 2 it will look nice displayed next to the bus when finished your welcome to the spare one if you like I will take a pic 📸  of it when I get home

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Julian said:

Cheers mate 👍 I got a spare metal sign with the No11 route with all the destinations on it. it was one of the free Hachette gifts my mate gave me 2 it will look nice displayed next to the bus when finished your welcome to the spare one if you like I will take a pic 📸  of it when I get home

wow cheers julian that's really kind of you thank you i would really appreciate that 🙂