Pictures Don't Match

has anyone else come across the same problem when fitting the led lights in saloon ceiling ?

the pictures in the instructions show the resistors being on top of the thin pcb strip as you bend the led electrodes away from the edge of the saloon ceiling yet mine were on the underside of pcb strip meaning when bent over they weren't flush to the ceiling top hopefully its not going to be a problem ????

i also daubed some liquid insulation tape around the led electrodes so as to prevent possible short circuits and also to prevent light bleeding up and showing through where it shouldn't in theory it forces more light through the diffusers and into the saloon interior

1.JPG

2.JPG

20220328_144213.jpg

20220328_144219.jpg

Mine are the same as yours. They don't touch the ceiling there's about 4mm gap. Don't worry it won't be a problem just do a test make sure all bulbs work don't be tempted to try them the other way round or you'll snap the pins. Once mine worked OK I used a small dab of glue to hold the bulbs in place. Thought I show you this a RM tow truck and a RM open top lol he's done a pretty good job at covering it

FB_IMG_1648416892832.jpg

FB_IMG_1648416901380.jpg

FB_IMG_1648416922935.jpg

FB_IMG_1648417023286.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Julian said:

Mine are the same as yours. They don't touch the ceiling there's about 4mm gap. Don't worry it won't be a problem just do a test make sure all bulbs work don't be tempted to try them the other way round or you'll snap the pins. Once mine worked OK I used a small dab of glue to hold the bulbs in place. Thought I show you this a RM tow truck and a RM open top lol he's done a pretty good job at covering it

FB_IMG_1648416892832.jpg

FB_IMG_1648416901380.jpg

FB_IMG_1648416922935.jpg

FB_IMG_1648417023286.jpg

wow that's amazing im so in awe of people who can scratch build things like that i could never achieve that level of perfectionism that's brilliant

• Like 1