Touch Ups Here & There

So i did a few touch ups with humbrol Red Gloss 19 (actually a very good match to body colour) on the front near side route number box black screws to match bodywork dabbed a tiny bit of black on the lower saloon heater slide switch ( which was left cream and difficult to see) and made the lower grill silver to stand out see pics below

20220326_143237.jpg

20220326_143244.jpg

20220326_143209.jpg

20220326_143223.jpg

20220326_143305.jpg

• Like 1

• Giddykippa changed the title to Touch Ups Here & There
1 hour ago, Giddykippa said:

So i did a few touch ups with humbrol Red Gloss 19 (actually a very good match to body colour) on the front near side route number box black screws to match bodywork dabbed a tiny bit of black on the lower saloon heater slide switch ( which was left cream and difficult to see) and made the lower grill silver to stand out see pics below

20220326_143237.jpg

20220326_143244.jpg

20220326_143209.jpg

20220326_143223.jpg

20220326_143305.jpg

Hello mate looks a perfect match. I done what you did by painting the wires in the engine compartment does look better 👍 I also replaced the bell cord to the proper colour brown makes a big difference I wished I painted the eye holes cream now but didn't want to keep unscrewing them as it might weaken thread. 

20220326_161654.jpg

20220326_161008.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Julian said:

Hello mate looks a perfect match. I done what you did by painting the wires in the engine compartment does look better 👍 I also replaced the bell cord to the proper colour brown makes a big difference I wished I painted the eye holes cream now but didn't want to keep unscrewing them as it might weaken thread. 

20220326_161654.jpg

20220326_161008.jpg

yeah that red and green wire was very obvious lol i copied you re that little silver vent down at bottom of front saloon panel i find it really odd they put so much detail in like the heater control at front off saloon but then don't finish the slider black it's strange must admit this forum is handy for sharing tips

1 minute ago, Giddykippa said:

yeah that red and green wire was very obvious lol i copied you re that little silver vent down at bottom of front saloon panel i find it really odd they put so much detail in like the heater control at front off saloon but then don't finish the slider black it's strange must admit this forum is handy for sharing tips

Looks good mate. Its funny I have never seen a horizontal heater control slider they have always been vertical I have replaced the bell pull to

23683286115_458de2fc94_b.jpg

20220326_162252.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Julian said:

20220326_161654.jpg

20220326_161008.jpg

ps im blaming you lol im not far off finishing pack 6 just got saloon roof to do and i was going to make it last till mid april but seeing you so far on i was like well i will just do this panel and oh heck might as well do seats... before i knew it im nearly done 😄

Just now, Giddykippa said:

ps im blaming you lol im not far off finishing pack 6 just got saloon roof to do and i was going to make it last till mid april but seeing you so far on i was like well i will just do this panel and oh heck might as well do seats... before i knew it im nearly done 😄

Lol it's so addictive roll on may

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Julian said:

Looks good mate. Its funny I have never seen a horizontal heater control slider they have always been vertical I have replaced the bell pull to

23683286115_458de2fc94_b.jpg

20220326_162252.jpg

you know i thought something was off when i was looking at it but it didn't click till you just pointed that out that's very odd you're right maybe it was a mistake from tech drawings or something

1 minute ago, Giddykippa said:

you know i thought something was off when i was looking at it but it didn't click till you just pointed that out that's very odd you're right maybe it was a mistake from tech drawings or something

I think they got that from a RT they were like that. Same with the wheel covered on the rear they where on the RTs not RMs. But still a great model. My clippies getting a bit inpatient lol

20220326_163003.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Julian said:

I think they got that from a RT they were like that. Same with the wheel covered on the rear they where on the RTs not RMs. But still a great model. My clippies getting a bit inpatient lol

20220326_163003.jpg

i was debating what to do re the rear wheels but i have actually seen some old clips on youtube of RMs with the rear wheel covers on unless they used wheels off an RT and used same covers i just assumed it was one of those where mechanics couldn't be ar$ed to put them back on after changing wheels and they slowly disappeared im not a fan of the look but i don't fancy leaving the hub exposed with that black screw and silver washer 😞

• Like 1