Cab Floor to Cab Pack 42, Stage 2 Problem

Keratoconic

Any advice on fitting the cab floor to the cab?

I'm finding the fit too tight at the front, it needs to go another 5mm forward, but there is an obstruction I can't find, the floor won't go low enough as if the dash is catching on something.

Unfortunately me or my daughter can't get fingers in far enough to push down on the floor and the plastic is too fragile as we can feel it start to give, so in danger of breaking something if it is forced.

Thanks

GB

13 hours ago, Keratoconic said:

Any advice on fitting the cab floor to the cab?

I'm finding the fit too tight at the front, it needs to go another 5mm forward, but there is an obstruction I can't find, the floor won't go low enough as if the dash is catching on something.

Unfortunately me or my daughter can't get fingers in far enough to push down on the floor and the plastic is too fragile as we can feel it start to give, so in danger of breaking something if it is forced.

Thanks

GB

i had exactly the same problem some cab floors slide in some seem to bind i think it's a case of the two ends of cab being pinched i rubbed a bit of Vaseline on bits that come into contact and just pushed it in i had a worry that something might break but it went in ok and as cab floor and side is metal it's robust enough to take it but my top tip remove tax disc before as i broke mine

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure that the steering arm is sitting backwards. I had trouble fitting my cab in and this was the problem. Also make sure you push down on the left side when putting in the screws through the wheel arch and that the holes line up. And take the wheel off and maybe the safety bar too.