Saloon Floor, Chassis & Seat Backs

i know some people will think ive messed it up and im the first to admit im no expert at weathering and paint effects but i had a go and i can live with what i have done in my opinion the saloon floor and rear entrance at least looks better than that horrible plasticky orange i also painted the flywheel cowl and rear differential cowl red that pretty much matches the red of bodywork, also the seat backs with those ugly big black screws and the orange dot showing through from seat cushion locator i painted matt grey it's not a perfect match but better than before you will notice a shot looking down to left of engine where the red & green wires from headlights runs ive painted black and where the same wire runs across chassis ive painted grey to blend with chassis i really need to buy a little spray gun but that opens a new can of worms of learning how to use it lol so far now im stuck with a fine tip paint brush

20220324_150833.jpg

20220324_150840.jpg

20220324_151015.jpg

20220324_151021.jpg

20220324_150507.jpg

20220324_150723.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I could not find a perfect match for the seat back grey, therefore, I will repaint the grey area of the seat frames/back with the grey I have (slightly darker then the one you used).  The painted screws will then blend in.

2 hours ago, Taffy said:

I could not find a perfect match for the seat back grey, therefore, I will repaint the grey area of the seat frames/back with the grey I have (slightly darker then the one you used).  The painted screws will then blend in.

i used humbrol  64 matt grey and i kinda made a mess of mine really trouble of having sausage fingers bad eyes and shaky hands but you can't really see them that much from outside bus hopefully and still better than black screw heads

The problem with waiting a month between kits means I keep looking for other thing to do to the model.

Instead of painting the nearside light cables black to blend in with the fender, I cut out some plastic card to fit over the cables with the necessary cut-out for the pipe off the engine.  I then secured it to the fender using the original cable clamp screws.

Cable cover 02.jpg

Cable Cover 01.jpg

• Like 1

I had a sheet of 2mm thick white plasticard from another project.  It cuts Ok with a Stanley knife, and files Ok.   You could use an old credit card, and paint it black..

Thanks.  I tend to use acrylic paints, as they are thinner than enamel, and therefore easier to layer over each other.  I covered the orange floor with a light brown, then once dry, a thin layer of dark brown.  I also ran a black acrylic pain pen in the grooves to define the depth, which I thinks helps

8 hours ago, Taffy said:

Thanks.  I tend to use acrylic paints, as they are thinner than enamel, and therefore easier to layer over each other.  I covered the orange floor with a light brown, then once dry, a thin layer of dark brown.  I also ran a black acrylic pain pen in the grooves to define the depth, which I thinks helps

I used acrylic burnt umber but i like the black acrylic pen idea i might give that a go cheers