Front Idler wheel bearings

Diceman

The bearings from Amazon were delivered today. 20 bearings for $20, including shipping. I'm in the process of changing all the bearings out. Agora team, you might want to look into replacing the plastic bushings with the  5X11X5mm bearings. You should be able to get them cheaper that I got them.

Diceman thanks for the tip.

Pack 8 was delivered yesterday. I had some trouble getting the new bearings to fit in the new idler wheels. I ended up using an 11mm bottom drill to ream the holes out a little. After a few minutes of work, both idler bearings are in. That's all 16 wheels equipped with the new metal bearings. The wheels all turn easily. This should be a worth while upgrade. Thanks again to Diceman.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2022 at 1:10 PM, Tom said:

I had some trouble getting the new bearings to fit in the new idler wheels. I ended up using an 11mm bottom drill to ream the holes out a little.

The seats for the plastic bushings are tapered so that when the bushings are pressed in, they deform and become solid with the wheel.  I ordered the same bearings, and took my two wheels to a machinist co-worker who shaved 0.1mm from the bottom of the seats to give it an 11mm bore all the way to the bottom.  I plan on using a few drops of blue Loctite to ensure that the bearings are fixed, and will be replacing ALL of the bushings in my wheels with bearings.  In case anyone else wants to go this route, the idler wheels are cast zinc, so you can adjust your cutting speed and depth accordingly.