Interior floor

53 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

Was the entire interior floor bare wood or was only the centre aisle uncovered wooden planks? Looking to do a bit of repainting to relieve the one piece colour, as per the rear deck as some have done. 

taken on actual RM WLT857

011.jpg

014.jpg

022.jpg

024.jpg

20220313_103545.jpg

I am sure the Routemaster never had bare wood flooring exposed.

To quote from some technical information of 1954 " The gangway floor and platform were covered in a rubber/cork composition; bevelled slats and tiles of the same material are cemented down between and beneath the seats. The spaces between the slats facilitate floor cleaning."

I do not think the orange/brown colour is too far wrong but could probably do with toning down with a bit of weathering.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 9:55 AM, Tankerman said:

I am sure the Routemaster never had bare wood flooring exposed.

To quote from some technical information of 1954 " The gangway floor and platform were covered in a rubber/cork composition; bevelled slats and tiles of the same material are cemented down between and beneath the seats. The spaces between the slats facilitate floor cleaning."

I do not think the orange/brown colour is too far wrong but could probably do with toning down with a bit of weathering.

No I didn't think so either the earlier RT's did