Custom mods for the T800 and build progress

SJW2511

Hi All,

Builder from UK here, through Hachette but model is the same, posting some of the custom mods I have done as Ive been building it, I do not supply or make these mods, but I can give some pointers to anyone who wants to give something similar a go.

Its also useful for you guys to see what it looks like in a more advanced stage.

Heres how he looks so far up to issue 62 in Hachette parts. The gun I believe is also supplied through Agora at some point..?

spacer.png

Now on to some of the mods I have done.

The teeth are replacements from ModelModz and are off the shelf ready to fit, I just painted mine a bit to weather them. I have also weathered the metalwork with Citadel Nuln oil.

First the gun, I opened it up and fitted some home made electronics, and a laser, this can be seen in action with this video at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdIWEHlZnqo

I made a minigun, from a toy softgel gun from wish which is the main body, and the barrel and electronics I built from scratch using alu tubes, arduino etc.

spacer.png

And here is a video showing this in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoItMnAk8IQ

You will  notice in the vids the head is turning, this is another custom mod, using a servo in the neck and arduino, which controls the head turning and mouth opening, I wanted mind to be automated rather than remote controlled.

spacer.png

One thing that I sacrificed is the moving eyes, I opted to make my own larger eyes which I made from chrome balls and a lathe, filled with resin and a fibre optic, lit using the standard LEDS.

spacer.png

Final mod that I have done so far, is I cut the circle cover off the cranium, and added a alu piece that I made from a small alu torch inner

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The chip is from a piece of plastic and when you take it out the thing powers off.

Loads more vids on my channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_VH5TWel4tPLz3r2ukRSA/

Thanks for reading, some of this nnot in chrono order, hence why the last posts show the original teeth etc.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Love all the mods you have done for your build, have been following them on Youtube and the Facebook build group. Thanks so much for posting, great inspiration for all.

If I could ask you about the servo in the neck, what is the torque rating/dimensions of the servo that finally worked for you?

Thanks again.

p.s it seems that all of your pic's have disappeared from your posts, wonder if it's the community forum... or something you did.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I think its great, I dont think the plastic parts really detract from the appearance, and only takes a small amount of weathering to really bring it all together, I would say its the same as any other model, if you spend a bit of time painting the results will be even better

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sneak preview of the ultimate end, and thats an ambient t800 scene sound with the stock lights modified to provide lighting effects to go with the sounds. Will sound better when the speakers are mounted into the base etc The whole clip/show will be about 3 mins long before looping and feature all 4 lights