Drivers Cab and hand brake modification pack 4

Hi everybody just a quick modification I'd like to share.......just received pack 4 and wasn't happy with the colour of the drivers cab and the hand brake it look so unrealistic every RM I used to drive had a black cab so I thought I would paint it. Here is the finished cab and hand brake lever.......

20220218_202128.jpg

20220218_202208.jpg

20220212_143335.jpg

Screenshot_20220212-144514_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Giddykippa said:

hi julian you got pack 4 already ?

think it looks good i was planning on doing the same as well as painting the cab floor black as most RM cabs were

Hi mate pack 4 arrived this morning 😊 

I was thinking the same but worried I might mess it up but once the cab is put together the floor might not show as much. 

3 hours ago, Giddykippa said:

hopefully mines on the way im definitely going to paint mine black when i drove the RMs back in the late 80s they all had cabs painted black i never saw a black one

You'll probably get it Monday mate I might paint my floor too I tried to paint the radio pedal switch silver too I masked all the floor around it but I got scared thought I might mess it up. 

On 2/12/2022 at 5:38 PM, Julian said:

Hi mate pack 4 arrived this morning 😊 

I was thinking the same but worried I might mess it up but once the cab is put together the floor might not show as much. 

i have a parcel due monday hopefully that's it re painting i find a cotton bud soaked in isopropyl alcohol is great for removing over paint

keep up with your modification pics im following your lead

• Like 1

• Julian changed the title to Drivers Cab and hand brake modification pack 4
2 hours ago, Richard Gregory said:

I also agree the black does look better. Just wondering did you paint the two pieces separately or after they were screwed together. (35A 35B) Was that a matt black or gloss black?

i did mine separately as the side panel screws in from opposite side but no reason why you couldn't do them joined together i just had to use a round needle file to take a bit of over spray out of the holes for the handbrake

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, atcsusn64 said:

Found this video on youtube about cab repainting.  they painted the floor, steering column and firewall chocolate brown.    Restoring a London Double Decker Bus | EP15: Repainting The Cab Of AEC Routemaster RM1214. - YouTube

yeah i mentioned that a couple of days ago it came out day after i painted mine but im happy with black also they painted there's a dark choc brown rather than the orange colour of model think black looks better

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 6:10 AM, Richard Gregory said:

I also agree the black does look better. Just wondering did you paint the two pieces separately or after they were screwed together. (35A 35B) Was that a matt black or gloss black?

Separately I used matt spray piant from halfords

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 6:10 AM, Richard Gregory said:

Yes mate painted them separately then screwed them together makes a big difference