Radial engine and propeller action.

john hunter

Hi John, have you had any issues with the landing gear not closing properly?  Here is what I couldn't find out except from contact with Wayne on his build videos.

1.  The landing gear "arm" 028-01 that is supposed to press the landing gear limiting switch 033-03, was made too small and fell short of both switches. So I added plastic "extenders" so that it can depress each switch.  Be Sure to check this.  Sometimes the landing gear "arm" doesn't depress the switch even though its the correct length.  Part 041-01 has the same problem, so be sure to check it.

Also the right landing gear does not stay tucked up into the wheel well and hangs slightly low.

2. Are the barrels to the 7.7mm machine guns mounted in the nose of the A6M to be drilled out with a pin vise?  Mine, and the ones I've  see on video, all appear to be blocked solid.  If that is the case, how does the LED light shine through the gun barrel?  Is it the same with the 20mm guns?

Current progress:

299.JPG

300.JPG

304.JPG

039.JPG

I have
tested all my lights, cockpit, nose guns and 20 mm cannons all shine at the tip. They look black due to the material they are made from, fiber optic. The landing gear can be fiddly and I have checked with a multi meter that the switches operate but i would like to test the function before covering them.

20220209_201827.jpg

20220209_201859.jpg