Main Gun Not Elevating

shipgeezer

Has anyone else had a problem with the main guns not elevating?? I had main gun A stop working and found it had a bad elevation motor. Agora sent replacement and it works fine. When I tested second turret, it also does not elevate as expected. Anyone have any ideas?? I checked the motors and they all work fine. Will be testing the 3rd turret which I believe is caesar. Pack 11 is due to arrive in mail today, so the circuit board to test should be here. Any ideas from anyone?? 

• 1 month later...

I just found out that Anton is not elevating. I haven't tried the others again.

Update: Anton elevates now. I had to take the motor off and check it. It was working. I then manually rotated the gearbox and I noticed it was catching on something. So I took the one brace off and took the cover off. After playing with the gears briefly and seeing the lever was catching on the small drive gear, I found out that the large gear was not tightened down completely. Problem solved. Put it all back together and it tested fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Pack 12 has the rest of the electrical gear in it including the remote control. Before you replace any more motors or make any more changes, finish the electronics and build and test the remote. Some of those features won't work at all until you finish the electronic gear. If you have a problem then, contact Agora but I don't think you are going to have any trouble. The remote is incredible. All four main guns can be fully controlled. I've played with mine so much I have to change the 4 'C' size batteries that control all the electrics. Good luck with the rest of the build. It's a masterpiece.

• Like 1