Part 008-06 Fitment Issue

Warbirdfan

I just started the Zero build and have run into an issue not sure how to fix. The oil pipes (008-06) are too short between the C and D cylinders where they fit fine between the A and B cylinders. Not even close in some instances.  Are the 008-06 parts two different lengths? They slightly bend between the A and B cylinders. With all things glued in place not sure how to “fall back” and fix. This is a bummer as I am really getting into this build.
Any and all advise greatly welcome.

Regards,

Warbirdfan

Hi,

Had the same problem.  Some fit well, too short or too long.  Best thing to do is to try dry fitting another oil line from the sprue.  If you come up short, nip the sprue so there is extra plastic on the end.  That will solve 95% of the problem.  Remember, the engine is an absolute jewel, so it really is worth doing correctly.  Same when you get to the ignition harness, which is gorgeous, make sure you dry fit it exactly to the instructions.  Wayne has a video on this but he installed it upside down.  Once the glue sets, you're screwed.  The exhaust pipes are also bit of a problem, take your time, dry fit everything then add a dab of superglue, try to use just a bit as you don't want the glue smearing on the parts.  Use a pin vice with a sewing needle in the chuck to apply it.  If glue builds up, take it to the stove and burn it off.  But double check everything.  I'm on Pack 8.  So if you need any help give me a shout here or at CMSchlom@hotmail.com.  The kit is a blast to build!  

AJYI0496.JPG

BKMA9996.JPG

GKNM5917.JPG

KMVU5887.JPG

NMCY5984.JPG

• Like 1

If you find yourself coming up short again, mount the short ones in the rear cylinders.  Even if they are just a few mm off, they will look like they are connecting.  If the flex upward, trim carefully until they reach the in take oil port horizontally and straight.  I would recommend taking the flexing one's off and replace with new ones.