Electrical issues.

Tom

Just finished my T-800. It looks great. Everything in the base works as designed. The problem is in the head. The eyes lit up once for a few seconds but they didn't move. The jaw never worked. Basically there is nothing working in the head. I followed the direction to the tee, but no joy. Any suggestions?

Hi Tom,

Don't know about the eyes, but the jaw didn't move on mine initially. It turned out to be an oversight closing of the gearbox for the jaw. Had to dismantle the head and loosen the screws up a bit. If that sounds like your issue (you can get a feeling that the jaw motor is trying), then maybe check out the eye motor at the same time. If the motors aren't making any effort, then look at the connections to the circuit board in the head.

Oh, and make sure you turned on the battery box in the head, and the batteries aren't dead! 🙃

• Haha 1

The electrical issues that I reported are no longer an issue. My advice to all of you is to read the instruction closely and do as they say. My Terminator is finished with the exception of one part that I broke and has to be replaced. Nothing special. Doesn't interfere with the functioning of my model. The Terminator is brilliant. I highly recommend it as your next build. Thank. You Agora Models staff

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 4:46 AM, Tom said:

The electrical issues that I reported are no longer an issue. My advice to all of you is to read the instruction closely and do as they say. My Terminator is finished with the exception of one part that I broke and has to be replaced. Nothing special. Doesn't interfere with the functioning of my model. The Terminator is brilliant. I highly recommend it as your next build. Thank. You Agora Models staff

Okay, Tom - so how's about explaining the issue and its solution? Why did I bother trying to help if you just say "it's not a problem anymore". If you stuffed something up, just admit what it was and give others a clue as to what to avoid. If it was solved by contact with Customer Support, then encourage others to go there first rather than appeal to the community.

Hey Beamerboy. I meant no disrespect. I was embarrassed to admit that the trouble was with me not reading and following the instructions. The head is activated by pushing and holding down the little black button on the circuit board until the eyes flash twice and then stay on. Once I read and followed the instructions everything worked just fine. I also learned that you have to be patient when moving the jaw. It takes a second or two for it to activate. I hope this is sufficient to explain the issue. It was entirely my fault, not Agora's. By the way, what does 'stuffed something up' mean?