Star Trek

Hello General Lou. I used to write Star Trek ideas. Now a few new things came to mind. It could be a series in which you could build four starships from TOS that are constitution class. USS Defiant, Enterprise, Constitution, Constellation in 1: 100 scale. The USS Defiant would glow in the dark as a ghost ship. My other idea is that we could build ships from the Star Trek Ds9, Voyager, Next Generation era. My third idea from the TOS / Voy, DS9, Next gen era is also: We could build Enteprise in 1: 1 scale so that we could build different consoles and computer parts of the Enterprise, while making weapons phasers and phaser rifles, tricorders, communicators (movie props) ) could also be assembled. It's a bit of a crazy idea I know. That would be something brutally cool although I think it’s not possible in my opinion. What do you think?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/13/2020 at 4:09 PM, Venyige Ádâm said:

Hello General Lou. I used to write Star Trek ideas. Now a few new things came to mind. It could be a series in which you could build four starships from TOS that are constitution class. USS Defiant, Enterprise, Constitution, Constellation in 1: 100 scale. The USS Defiant would glow in the dark as a ghost ship. My other idea is that we could build ships from the Star Trek Ds9, Voyager, Next Generation era. My third idea from the TOS / Voy, DS9, Next gen era is also: We could build Enteprise in 1: 1 scale so that we could build different consoles and computer parts of the Enterprise, while making weapons phasers and phaser rifles, tricorders, communicators (movie props) ) could also be assembled. It's a bit of a crazy idea I know. That would be something brutally cool although I think it’s not possible in my opinion. What do you think?

I wouldn't hold your breath on getting hold of a partwork phaser rifle, or any other weapon.  It would be a big risk for a company to produce anything like that - even one as obviously Science Fiction as a phaser. People have been taken down by the cops for wearing a Stormtrooper costume and having a blaster on them.

Tricorder? Maybe, but I don't see many people putting up with it taking a year or two to build.  (Unless it actually... you know... works!)

Doctor McCoy's medical kit? Again, maybe.  People would have to realise that a large chunk of the cost will be in the leather pouch.  This would probably mean it being the only delivery for multiple months at a reasonable price, or a higher cost, lower length run.

Would I go for either of those projects?  Definitely.  I'd be in for both.  In fact, there are many 1:1 scale items that could be used as props I'd be up for.  A 1:1 Ghostbusters Proton Pack, Ghost Trap, or Slime Thrower would be instant "Shut up and take my Money" items. I just don't know how many people would want a Proton Pack that had to be split up into smaller segments to split the cost.  And any company sending out the whole shell in one go better be asking people to pay for the whole thing up front or they risk people going in for the shell and bailing as soon as it was delivered.