Jump to content

Routemaster shipping


Davo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi from Adelaide, South Australia

I am a little confused regarding the Routemaster model.

I was recently informed that the Part Packs will be dispatched from the UK and not Australia (as advised previously)

Given the ridiculous waiting period for UK shipping to Australia, I could be waiting for months.

Can someone please confirm whether the Parts will be shipped from Australia at a later date.

Thanks

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmmm. Going by the Agora website it seems to lead you to believe that the packs will come from here (Australia) for those who live here. That's the main reason I signed up, certainly wouldn't have If the packs are posted from England. Although I expect a bulk shipment would come from there anyway, but hopefully quicker than normal snail mail. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 7:50 PM, AgoraSam said:

Good day, folks. Pack 1 does ship from the UK but we are working on Pack 2+ to ship from Melbourne. Please email us if you have any questions. Thanks

Sam, I just received an email from Sophie in Agoras customer relations department where she seemed to say the whole monthly sets of packs would be sent from the UK and at the moment we here in Australia are looking at up to 4 weeks shipping time let alone how long it will take Auspost to deliver locally! Royal Mail tracking seems to stop at "Your item is now leaving the UK. More information will be available when it arrives in the destination country." and nothing further.

Any comments?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2021 at 3:19 PM, AgoraSam said:

Hi Mick, we can see a few emails and we think it is clear now. Thanks

Sam, one more question if I may. Does the Routemaster Pack one come in one box or two? I have read or seen both can be correct. Just want to know what I should look out for when my Pack one finally arrives.

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2021 at 9:25 AM, Mick3043 said:

Sam, I just received an email from Sophie in Agoras customer relations department where she seemed to say the whole monthly sets of packs would be sent from the UK and at the moment we here in Australia are looking at up to 4 weeks shipping time let alone how long it will take Auspost to deliver locally! Royal Mail tracking seems to stop at "Your item is now leaving the UK. More information will be available when it arrives in the destination country." and nothing further.

Any comments?

I'll answer my own question ;-). Received pack 1 of Routemaster today Nov 29th in Melbourne, it was posted in the UK on the 5th of Nov, so around 24 days to get here. Australia post updated their tracking to they had received it yesterday and it was in transit to the hub my parcels usually come from and the TWO boxes were delivered today surprisingly for them. The two boxes were secured together with three packing straps but they were so loose the had all nearly come off the boxes. Only one box had any address details on it so if they had become separated I imagine only one  box would have arrived. Hope this info helps someone here in Oz. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! 🙂

I'm in Adelaide, South Australia. I received my Routemaster Pack 1 today (8/12).......Yayyyyyyy! 🙂

It took a month to arrive. I ordered it on 8/11, so given the distance and Covid restrictions, I'm happy with the shipping time.

I am expecting Pack 2 to take at least a month, given the volume of Christmas deliveries with the British and Australian Post.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/8/2021 at 2:02 PM, Davo said:

Hi Everyone! 🙂

I'm in Adelaide, South Australia. I received my Routemaster Pack 1 today (8/12).......Yayyyyyyy! 🙂

It took a month to arrive. I ordered it on 8/11, so given the distance and Covid restrictions, I'm happy with the shipping time.

I am expecting Pack 2 to take at least a month, given the volume of Christmas deliveries with the British and Australian Post.

My second pack left yesterday according to Royal Mail and like yourself Davo, I'm not expecting it this side of next year! 🙂. Was also told it was coming from Eng;and, not from Oz like they said from pack 2 onwards would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 3:09 PM, Mick3043 said:

My second pack left yesterday according to Royal Mail and like yourself Davo, I'm not expecting it this side of next year! 🙂. Was also told it was coming from Eng;and, not from Oz like they said from pack 2 onwards would.

 Pack 2 turned up today, only 12 days after Royal Mail despatched it, and 15 from Agora saying they had shipped it. A lot faster than the 24 days for Pack 1 :-). One heavy box. 1.2 Kgs I think it was.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Richard

I'm in Adelaide.

Agora shipped Pack 2 of the Routemaster to me on December 30 via DPD.

I have been tracking the Pack regularly and am hoping to receive it next week.

It looks as though I will be about a month behind on the Packs.

Payment for Pack 3 has was debited from my bank on January 8 but hasn't been dispatched yet.

Dissapointing, as I was led to understand (from pre-purchase enquiries) that the Packs from #2 onwards would be shipped from Melbourne 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for replying, seems there is a delay from payment being taken to when the packs are dispatched. I don't get any tracking emails (regularly check junk folder) although the first pack did appear in my Australia Post account. I also purchased this as I thought they would be dispatched in Australia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I received pack 1 but it was missing 7 stages in early December 2021.  I emailed customer support to request for these missing parts to be shipped which I received on 4 January 2022.  Pack 2 was debited from my account, no tracking number emailed again so another email was sent to customer support to request this tracking number.  Pack 2 according to royal mail was delivered in South Australia on 20 December 2021.  I emailed customer support again and was given advice to follow up with Australia post tracking.  According to Australia post tracking it is pending?  I went into the post office here and the customer support person advised it could still be in customs and that is why is not being shown yet.  Agora have debited my account on Saturday for pack 3 but I have not received a tracking number for this either.  You would think after sending 43 emails to customer support some one would make sure this would not happen again.  I will need to send another email to customer support to request the tracking number for pack 3.   Is anyone else having similar problems?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
On 1/16/2022 at 7:55 AM, John Fox said:

I received pack 1 but it was missing 7 stages in early December 2021.  I emailed customer support to request for these missing parts to be shipped which I received on 4 January 2022.  Pack 2 was debited from my account, no tracking number emailed again so another email was sent to customer support to request this tracking number.  Pack 2 according to royal mail was delivered in South Australia on 20 December 2021.  I emailed customer support again and was given advice to follow up with Australia post tracking.  According to Australia post tracking it is pending?  I went into the post office here and the customer support person advised it could still be in customs and that is why is not being shown yet.  Agora have debited my account on Saturday for pack 3 but I have not received a tracking number for this either.  You would think after sending 43 emails to customer support some one would make sure this would not happen again.  I will need to send another email to customer support to request the tracking number for pack 3.   Is anyone else having similar problems?

Hello, you have a different email in your My Account section and that's where the order details and tracking emails are going to. Please make sure you opt-in here and tell us privately which email of yours you want us to use. Thanks! https://www.agoramodels.com/opt-in

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2022 at 6:40 PM, Richard Gregory said:

Pack 2 arrived today, just in time for the weekend.

My Pack 3 arrived yesterday (28th Jan). Was posted in England on the 13th Jan so can't really complain about the speed now. :-)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are lucky 🙂 I'm still waiting for Pack #2, which I was supposed to receive early/mid January. My payment for Pack #3 was debited on January 8 but has not been shipped as yet. I guess the people handling the International shipping are really busy??............you have to wonder.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Davo said:

You are lucky 🙂 I'm still waiting for Pack #2, which I was supposed to receive early/mid January. My payment for Pack #3 was debited on January 8 but has not been shipped as yet. I guess the people handling the International shipping are really busy??............you have to wonder.

I think they used a different carrier for pack 2 as mine was delivered by Toll, might explain why there was tracking info on Australia Post. As for pack 3 the Agora website says processing and Australia post have it awaiting international departure since January 14th. Apart from the frustrations of today's postal systems it does look to be a great model, with the relief to carry on construction when the next pack arrives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apparently, my Pack #2 was shipped via DPD, which could be problematic if Australia Post don't deliver here in Oz, as I have a Parcel Locker (Australia Post) as my shipping address, not my home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...