Pack 57 Motor Issue.

Mike Hansen

I have started Pack 6 this past weekend. I ran into an issue on stage 57. This is the stage where the small circuit board you get is to be used to check the electronics. Special Note: Batteries have be changed after testing, and the situation still persists. When checking the lights and motors on the superstructure I found all the lights worked, but both radar motors and the recoil gun motor did not. Anybody run into this?

I'm assuming that the individual test of the radar motors went ok.  If that's the case then the motors are fine and we can discount them as the issue. The mini circuit board and larger pushbutton tester box are just simple current pass through devices and I haven't heard of them ever failing.  So it comes down to either battery issues or connection issues into the main logic computer board.  You've said that you changed the batteries, but I would actually check them with a multi-meter. They should be registering over 1.5 volts each.  Then recheck the connection points at the logic board.

dave1701 

You are the man, so let me explain, I did not read the instructions right and assumed the circuit board that was in pack 57 was one one to use and I now know  that is why the 2 radar motors did not work, I've  checked the instructions again and used 4-06 which is from pack 1 and all is working ok  😀

Many thanks 

Spencer 

• 3 weeks later...

ADVISE to ALL!! When dealing with the motors for the radar units, please loosen the motor mount screws as Terry said, and you should have no problems with the radar units turning. Apparently the motors can bind if the mounting screws are tightened too tight. Loosen a bit and as you test, see if they spin. Thanks!!

Additional info although it is brought up in here. Everyone assumes that because you get a new circuit board in pack 6, that's the board to test everything. HINT: it's not!! That circuit board is simply used to test all the leds like searchlights, admiral bridge lights etc. Use the ORIGINAL board you received in Pack 1 when testing radar motors!! I read this and was still confused when my radar motors didn't work, and then I realized I was using the wrong circuit board. Hope this helps!! 

Circuit.jpg