Antsy for the Routemaster debut!!

wyatt

I've been hoping for a long time for the Routemaster bus to be available on this side of the pond and Agora has made it happen. I'm really chuffed about it! (to use a UK phrase) An excellent decision to offer 12 or 24 month subscriptions. 24 months is just too long. 

So, anybody else looking forward to this one?

wyatt 

• Like 1

I do hope they include the magazines. After  all, these are 'Subscriptions'. A downloadable PDF is a good alternative, but I'm old school, I like to hold a magazine/book in my hands versus a Kindle or the like. 

wyatt 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, I am very much looking forward to the Routemaster. It was just too difficult to subscribe and track 130 issues when it was released in the UK a few years ago. There are a few errors, but overall it looks a fantastic model and the sheer size of it makes it the most detailed Routemaster model produced. I will miss the magazines, but I don't know how much of the content was historical information and how much build instructions.

I wonder if there will be any differences to the first release. At the moment they look the same.

Fingers crossed the first parts start shipping next month - three days away! Depending on how deep you want to get into your build I can recommend this book  'Haynes Routemaster Bus Enthusiasts' Manual' by Andrew Morgan. Bought mine at:

https://www.amazon.com/Routemaster-Bus-Manual-maintaining-Enthusiasts/dp/0857338498/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Routemaster+bus&qid=1632788321&s=books&sr=1-1

wyatt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to this build for a couple of years in the 80’s In need of work I drove buses from Westbourne Park garage in London. It won’t help me with the build, but I might know where to put dents and weathering.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am in Australia. I was disappointed to be informed that the Routemaster packs aren't shipping from here in Australia. With the ridiculous waiting time for International shipping, I could be waiting months to receive any of the packs :(