Terminator coming soon

HuskyDad

The Terminator T-800 is the same as the Hatchette partworks model so what is the actual point getting this unless you want to pay more the same item. Honestly I think it's a waste time to partworks companies doing the same model. Why couldn't they do a different robot like Johnny Five from Short Circuit or Sonny from I-robot?

It's still just the Hachette one - I get the US was crying out for it but it seems a shame for the second model Agora release to be a licence of someone else's kit rather than an Agora original ... also it means that those of us currently on issue 54 wont finish until after pack 12 is released ... 

1 hour ago, scalemodelfan said:

It is for the USA market it says on the website.

But apparently will be added to the uk agora site in the next week or so.

for anyone that missed out on the original hachette launch and can no longer sub from issue one this might gain favour.

3 hours ago, HuskyDad said:

The Terminator T-800 is the same as the Hatchette partworks model so what is the actual point getting this unless you want to pay more the same item. Honestly I think it's a waste time to partworks companies doing the same model. Why couldn't they do a different robot like Johnny Five from Short Circuit or Sonny from I-robot?

A Johnny 5 (number 5 is alive) would be a good choice of model. You could create it to move on its tracks and it also has possibilities fir it to “sit up”.

hopefully someone might consider that one.

7 hours ago, scalemodelfan said:

It is for the USA market it says on the website.

Not just U.S but UK will get it too. If it was different than the Hatchette partworks it wouldn't be bad because their terminator far high quality that this company says it has for example they say they create but they haven't created the terminator so what's next them offering R2 from Modelspace, X wing/ Falcon from Deagostini or the Delorean/ Ecto-1 from Eaglemoss for a price bump?

Agora Models, a brand you can trust.

We create stunning, authentic replica models which are delivered with outstanding customer care and support throughout your Agora modeling experience. We know how important good customer service is so we make this our priority to ensure all our customers enjoy the best possible Agora Models experience.

6 hours ago, Anthony said:

A Johnny 5 (number 5 is alive) would be a good choice of model. You could create it to move on its tracks and it also has possibilities fir it to “sit up”.

hopefully someone might consider that one.

I know right and it could have a voice chip of his phrases, "Input!", motor servos to move his eyes and arms. He could move automatically or an app like R2, even a little red LED for his laser. Johnny 5 was the toy that the children of the 80s should of had.

I think that this is beyond spectacular.  Personally, I don't think that I will be building the Terminator, but hopefully this is the beginning of many kits becoming available in the U.S.!!  I have been trying to find ways to build the Bismarck and the Routemaster.  Maybe, this will now be possible without going through Ebay.  The quality and customer service shown thus far have made these possibilities very exciting.   BB

My hope is that Agora does release kits that weren't available to the UK market, for example the F14 tomcat or any of the 1/8 cars that were released in Italy.

It matters not if the original release was by another company, all we should be caring about is the chance to be able to get our hands on any of these kits.

Most the model space is shipped already to all parts of the world. Maybe agora can negotiate more models that might come out in other areas but not readily accessible by others. I mean we can’t get the spitfire or the Bismarck that’s currently  being built from hachette unless we in the USA try and outsource it through some place.